Friday, March 23, 2012

Cheers to 2012

I've been reading a lot of "foodie" novels and memoirs lately and it has me thinking about my cooking and baking repertoire. Or, lack of. I think I have ADD when it comes to cooking and baking. I'm always trying something new and we rarely eat a dish more than once. I think my problem is that there are so many delicious sounding foods that I must keep trying new things. But, I'm starting to think I'm not doing myself a favor. By not making a dish more than once, I have no opportunity to fine tune it or tweak it to be my own. I want to have a few signature dishes so this spring and summer, I'm going to work on a repertoire. Luckily, I have a few things to start with: pasta fagioli, cinnamon rolls, homemade macaroni and cheese, pitas, and I'm getting pretty good at dan dan noodles. I'd definitely like to add a red sauce pasta to the list, along with a mexican dish, a hearty breakfast dish, and some sort of cake.

We decided to do an every-other-week crop share this season (ok, I decided and finally convinced Mike to go along with it). I'm really hoping that less veggies means more flexibility with cooking. And because we won't be as bombarded with veggies, I can go to the farmers market and/or cook something without a crazy amount of vegetables in it. And perhaps, I'll actually stick with blogging this season. Cheers to the 2012 fresh veggie season!

PS - And maybe I'll get around to fixing my Flickr and my broken photo links.

2 comments:

  1. Which CSA do you buy your share from? I am looking into a half share this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just saw this! We buy from Harmony Valley Farm (http://www.harmonyvalleyfarm.com/) and love them!

    ReplyDelete