Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quinoa, Crepes and Beans with Rice

Quinoa Burgers

My friend Clare posted this Quinoa Burger recipe on another friend's blog. I have to admit, that Quinoa isn't my favorite food but maybe that's because I haven't had it this way? I really enjoyed these Quinoa burgers. I had a little trouble getting them to hold together and had to increase the heat to medium high in order for them to be a solid burger. Maybe Clare can show me her trick.

Quinoa Burgers


Banana & Salted Caramel Crepes
Adapted from this recipe

This was our Easter breakfast and it was so incredibly delicious. It was Mike's first time making crepes and he did a great job. Next time, I vote for nutella crepes!

Banana & Salted Caramel Crepes


Beans & Rice

Over the winter, we made a habit of eating beans & rice once a week. It's cheap, easy and we all love it. We'd mix up the toppings and sometimes use dry beans and sometimes use the time-saving canned beans. It will be great when we get into the tomatoes, onions and peppers season this summer!

Weekly Staple - Beans & Rice

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I know the secret for noncrumbly grain and/or bean burgers. Freeze them before cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I'll give it a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete